Saturday, 16 July 2016

People.

Dear avid fans.


In one of my recent moments of clarity, it dawned on me that I really don't like people.


Yes, that's right. I am anti social.


Being anti social is not a bad thing, or something that should label you as an individual with any kind of negative stigma.
It is a simple personal choice not to interact with people, that in your opinion have little or nothing of interest to say. People who do not interest you. There is nothing wrong with this. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and also to voice them. I just find most people shallow and uninteresting.


OK, so now you are thinking "that was a big headed statement, I don't know if I like this guy any more". Well, that's your opinion, and your entitled to it. See how this works? You get to think what you like, as do I. And just because my point of view is not the same as yours, it does not make me wrong. It just makes me different.


I have Stimulating conversations with people I find very interesting. Intelligent conversations and debate are what interests me. On subjects that I consider relevant to myself and the world at large. The people in my life who I consider important and are true friends, I can literally count on one hand.  In a world of internet and social media, I find people claim friendship far to easily, when in fact most if not sometimes all, are just acquaintances if the truth be told.


It's almost as if we have become conditioned to assessing a persons intelligence, character and worthiness of friendship, bases on existing social circles and friends lists. The bigger the list or circle, the better they must be, and therefore the more desirable they are to add to your collection of friends. That's all it is, a collection, like badges on a sleeve or status points in a game. Look at me, see my extensive collection of friends, I'm great.


Well, no. Actually, it just makes you shallow.


I value my few friends very highly. As for the rest of the world out there, I am free to choose who I am acquainted with. I avoid unnecessary drama, negativity, self centred behaviour, delusion, and fakery.


So to all out there, when was the last time you sat down and counted your real friends. The ones who make time for you, not just allotted spare time to you when it was convenient for them, or when they stood to gain from it.
They are the ones you count. They are the ones you put yourself out for, even when you gain nothing from it. They are your true friends.
You might be surprised at how few you can count if you are brutally honest about it.


The rest! they are just acquaintances.
If you then take a step further and only give your time and energy to those that made your friends list, you too can be called anti social by the ones you exclude.


It is your time and you get to choose who you spend it with. Give it to those who deserve it and appreciate it.


Nurture the genuine friendships.
Be yourself.
Think.
Distance yourself from the parasites.
Live authentically.


It's the antisocial way.


As always, kind regards, Jack.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean and polite, not that im a prude but this is a public blog and manners cost nothing.